Sunday 12 August 2007

A Star-Studded Cast

This could be the first time that I had such a dream. Many friends that I know were in this dream. I couldn't really remember the storyline, but it was really fun and a lot of people were there, even some people whom I rarely talk to. Nonetheless, such a dream reminds me of tv serials where they made it just for fun and invite many of the actors and actresses of the tv station to star in it. Some snippets of the dream which I can still remember are Kaixun peeing without flushing (sorry Kaixun, I know you wouldn't do that but random things happen in dreams), David tapping my shoulder and when I turn around he became Jiarong, and shaking hands with Giang, Alvin and Rayner (somehow he had a deformed fist) in the arts club room.

Went for a combined A1 & D1 trekking adventure to Namadgi National Park yesterday. It was about an hour's drive away from campus. Despite the strong winds warning on the met station website, we went ahead and were greeted with.....strong winds! I guess the winds must have blown away all the animals because any kangaroos, wallabies, different species of birds that we would expect to see on the hike were nowhere to be found. All that was present were some droppings along the footpath. Very nice. With hunger in our stomachs and fatigue in our muscles, we finally made the slightly more than an hour's trek and reached the lookout, known as square rock. Excellent view there but extremely strong (and cold) winds. Below are some pictures taken at square rock. We then had to make our way back to the vehicles, which we then drove to a quiet nice place (it was this year's IB end point) for a bbq. This concludes the A1 & D1 floor "party". The cool floors rockz!






Standing behind me was Square rock


There was a gorilla on the trip


Our Senior Resident John hiding himself from the winds


Beautiful view of the trees below. A little foggy though due to sleet


Elation at reaching the rock, so we can now turn back for lunch. Despite the smile on my face, I was really feeling cold, hungry, tired and hungrier

No comments: