Thursday 17 April 2008

Skool's Out!

Oh boy! I still can't believe it's the last day of school already! Last day of the semester for me, last day of my undergraduate days, and I'm not sure if it'll be the last day of studying in an institution for me. But wow, time really flies! Next week on, it'll be the reading week and then on to exams and graduation. I'm not sure if I should be looking towards graduation or not. But well, this last semester of school has been really boring I must say.

After spending 2 years away, you come back to an institution where old friends have mostly graduated, or are busily mugging away at home/in library (while I carefreely stroll around campus), or have moved on and have found their new groups of friends, or have totally forgotten who you are. And for those whom I have really been that close to begin with, I've found it hard to reacquaint with them since they might put me in a potentially embarrassing situation by saying "No I don't know you". So then, the lack of many friends to hang out with this semester, plus the droppppppppp in quality of the arts canteen food have led to the dearth of a fun-loving and joyous Don. I think I've transformed a lot since returning from Australia, becoming as much part of the worker-ants lifestyle of the NUS students as well as retaining part of the relaxed and take-it-easy attitude person who is unable to fit back into the fast paced mad rush of the others.

In a nutshell, I say that this last semester sucks and I want to graduate and get out of here. Now to find that company which would hire me....

No comments: