Wednesday 25 July 2007

Recent happenings

Recently, much has happened. First, school has already begun for more than a week now and I'm taking 1 level 4000 stats course, 2 lvl 3000 stats courses and 1 lvl 2000 accounting course. The last one as an elective. Initially took 3 lvl 3000 courses but then too much workload. I already have 2 assignments from my actuarial control cycle 2 (hons) course! Geez...

Something else happened in college last week. There was the sudden death of an ex-ressie, whom many said to be a resident from last year with the nick-name "Death". So do not give such nick-names like "Disabled" or "Death" etc. to yourself or anyone else. Anyway, the point is that the planned car scav-hunt was cancelled and the bus bar-crawl which I had signed up for has been postponed to much dismay. There is a nice glow-in-the-dark t-shirt to go with it as well!

Also, I've got a new neighbour by the name of Eunice, who is currently occupying Yunjin's old room. Eunice is a nice Singaporean girl and studying some science subjects. She offered me some coke zero today, so I have to say that she's a nice person. lol. No lah, she's really a nice and cute character on the floor. Just beside Eunice is Tracy, also a new resident who just moved in to replace Jeremy. Tracy is from Taipei, Taiwan, and so 3T's? She speaks good english though, wonder where she learnt that from. Haven't talked to her much yet as she doesn't talk much and haven't seen much of her around.

Tried to cook some porridge a few days ago, and it didn't turn out as nice as I expected. However, some of the people who tried it kinda liked it, so at least it made me a tad joyful. Shall improve on it the next round.

Been looking through the NUS website a couple of days ago about the modules I have to study when I go back, as well as the lecturers. Will be taking Microecons 3, macroecons 3, 1 honours thesis and most probably behaviourial economics. Good thing is, I can avoid the lecturer Basant whom Chermaine once mentioned that tutorial participation in his class takes a large proportion of the assessment marks. Then there is this lecturer teaching Micro 3 who hails from the cold cold region of Siberia. What a remarkable thing, a lecturer from cold Siberia teaching in hot Singapore. Have to see what his class is like. Then there is this visiting professor who once taught in ANU for 2.5 years. Well, have to look him up and have a small chat with him. I also realised that there are many many Korean lecturers in the econs department! Is it just a coincidence or is there some economic incentive to teach in NUS? I counted at least 7 or maybe more. Hmm maybe I could based my honours thesis on that. Well, gotta start thinking about my thesis title already.

Damn, that idiot OSV8 or whatever that department is have not replied my email. I'm trying to enquire about staying in this hostel in NUS. Apparently I heard that most of the hostels are quite full now, so I'm not sure whether I can get a room in the 2nd semester. Maybe my "I don't have an house" plea might ensure that I can get a room. For some information about this hostel, checkout: http://www.nus.edu.sg/osa/housing/acc/rvr.html. There are some pictures there as well.

No comments: