Sunday 5 October 2008

Crutch

Was having a game of tennis with Niankai as usual on a fine Saturday when I do not know how exactly but I injured my right knee. So with his help and an ambulance, I was sent to Changi General Hospital, which is about 3 min from my house. That's near....
After having an X-ray, the doc said that he is unable to tell the problem, and I have to return to see the orthopaedic on Tuesday. Meanwhile I just have to hobble around with a pair of crutches.

Now with the pair of crutches, it is possible to see kind/helpful people as well as other not so nice people around.
Nice people are like my colleagues who offer to help me buy lunch, offer to carry my bag, or some strangers who offer me seats while I'm waiting for a cab. Wow, I get special privileges!
Not so nice people are like those who quickly rush to enter the elevator and press the door-close button when I hobble up to the elevator, to have the door close right before me. Great people aren't they!

No comments: