Tuesday 3 June 2008

Recent Happenings

Today is (today is not over yet, so I should use the present tense) a dark & gloomy day for Singapore football as it was humiliated by Uzbekistan 7-3 in the world cup qualifiers. That exposed a really leaky defense in Avramovic's team, but at least it showed that the attack was in existence as it managed to put in 3 goals against one of Asian football's giant. We'll just have to pull ourselves together in the next few matches to get a spot in the world cup. And meanwhile, we're like approximately 5days away from Euro 2008!

Got my university exam results a few days ago, and I am more pleased than I can ever be. Had a few mini-shocks actually. First was that I expected an A for my honours thesis, but only got an A-. Damn! But was really pleased with the B+ and B for Macro 3 and Econometrics 3 respectively, so I am really happy because the exam was so f*cked up that I thought I was going to get a C. Screw those foreign lecturers who can't teach properly, teach very little but set very difficult exams. Poor attitude I must say. They should have a screening procedure to eliminate bad lecturers, and send them home or maybe back to training school where they belong.
Haha I'm blasting them even though they gave me a much better result than I expected, but then I would have scored much better had they taught much better, and set exam qns which requires more intuitive thinking rather than qns that require you to memorise stuff and do simple but long & tedious calculations. Who the hell wants to calculate the roots of a time series equation manually when you can use a computer nowadays?! Geeez...

Oh and some days ago I saw this lady, no offence to her but is she brainless or is she trying to commit suicide? I couldn't figure, cos she brazenly stepped in front of an approaching double-decker bus to pick up a coin she dropped on the road. C'mon lady, I am not prepared at that moment to witness some bloody horror scene, and she made me had that urge to run forward to grab her off the road. But where're the brains I wonder. This reminds me of an analogy used by my lecturer, Tim Higgins, "picking up pennies in front of the bulldozer", a phrase he used to describe the guys from Long Term Capital Management (LTCM). Well LTCM provides for some interesting read if you search them up on Wikipedia. But I can now figure why that seems rather familiar at that moment....

No comments: